Centralizing video in all sales channels based on buyer states
At Storisell we often get the question: How should we (as a company) use our explainer videos? The answer might seem simple and easily overlooked. In reality, this question is crucial when talking to an online audience. But do you know for what reasons?
Most companies have several channels that a marketing professional or salesperson within the company has aligned, and based on prior experiences, these sales channels are perceived as more likely to give a strong return on investment. Whether we are talking about traffic, sales revenue or net profit, we’ll let you decide. The problem that occurs when a company uses one message across a variety of seemingly diverse channels, without spending time and money on personalizing their message, is that they only reach a portion of their potential target market. Considering each channel is unique, and has its own set of needs, let’s break down one sales channel into five customer awareness states, each buyer state describing where your prospect is in the sales process.
- Unaware state; this is when your prospect is totally unaware that you exist. Your product, service, project is non-existent and you need a powerful icebreaker to create awareness and communicate your solution.
- Problem state; your prospect knows they have a problem and that sometime, somewhere in the future probably will try to fix it. Here your sales message will need to seek a middle ground in order to bring the problems to surface.
- Solution state; your prospect is finally actively looking for ways to solve their problem. They haven’t chosen a solution – not yet – but they are getting closer. Here your sales message needs to be assumptive, attractive and solution-oriented. Hence, many companies start their marketing campaigns here and only communicate solutions to an “unaware” or “problem state” buyer, never questioning what their prospects buyer state is and what tailored message they actually need in order to buy. More on this later.
- Product/Service State; your getting really close, your prospect is comparing what solutions to buy, their features, extra specs. Here’s where you go for the win. Being able to craft an assumptive message becomes crucial to helping prospects buy in this state.
- Aware state; this is every salespersons favorite position. This is where the magic happens. What if more of your prospects could go from the “unaware” or “problem state” and land in this state? And faster?
As you understand by now, each state requires something unique. A tailored sales message. But, how? What kind of medium will demand people’s unequivocal attention? The answer is overwhelmingly video. Over 60% of all people are visual learners. We process images 60,000 faster that plain text and over 90% of all information transmitted to the brain is visual. What if you could create five sales videos, one for each state of awareness, and tailor your marketing message pending on where in the buyer process your prospect is? That’s what our team at Storisell do – let’s talk about what we can produce for your company. Connect with our team and let’s map your sales channels, and build a digital sales experience worth every ounce of your prospects attention.
Let’s speak soon.
+46(0)733 1441 26
Submit your comment about the article or other questions related to how to use video towards buyers states directly to William Sehlin via email at email@example.com